Commission and service our packaging machinery in the US, Canada, and Mexico (primarily the US). Additionally, help program machines assembled in the US and participate in some research and development. We are looking for sharp, capable, and energetic team members to help us rapidly grow our business and maintain our status as market leader. Our machinery utilizes some of the latest technology (robotics; servos; vison systems; etc.) on the market and we need quick-thinking and flexible individuals that can solve issues on our machines and help ensure we are utilizing the latest in automation technology.
Typical Job Responsibilities:
- Handling the power-up, I/O check-out, commissioning and de-bugging of MSK machinery drop-shipped to our Customers’ plants
- Writing PLC programs (based off our standard code) for machines assembled in the US
- Training customer personnel on MSK machinery
- Product concept and film testing in our Acworth facility for potential new Customers
- Remote customer support via phone (based out of the office)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in industrial automation/controls engineering or an equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience programming Allen Bradley PLCs (RS Logix 5000, SLC & PLC 500)
- General working knowledge of electrical systems, components and motion control (VFDs/Servo) and schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot automated equipment (start with the PLC program; find the source of the issue; fix the issue)
- Ability to handle basic mechanical tools
- Authorized to work in the US
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and abroad (70-80% travel)
- Have analytical cognitive capability for machine troubleshooting and de-bugging
- Must be able to work both in a collaborative environment and autonomously
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to handle stressful situations and "get the job done"
- Good communicator with professional demeanor; sole MSK representative interfacing with customers when on-site
Physical environment notes:
- Requires light to moderate lifting of materials
- Field work in Customers’ plants that range from air-conditioned appliance plants to dusty/hot cement plants
- Must be capable of physically handling some basic machine parts (motors, tools, film shafts, etc.)
- Must be capable of climbing up and down MSK machinery for troubleshooting and de-bugging
- Required to communicate with Customer personnel and subcontract labor
Start your future with MSK.
We look forward to receiving your online application (including your expected salary and the earliest possible starting date).